Brian K. Hutto, DMD, MS.Ed
After graduating from UC San Diego in 1995, Dr. Hutto proudly continued a long family history of United States Navy service receiving a Health Professions Scholarship to attend the prestigious University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. Four years, four professional degrees (between Dr. Hutto and his wife, Caroline) and two children later, the Hutto clan started their military adventure at Camp Pendleton, CA, where he successfully completed an AEGD dental internship and served as a general dental officer.
Under the rewarding mentorship of several US Navy surgeons, Dr. Hutto caught the surgery bug and was accepted into the very competitive civilian Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency program at Baylor Medical Center in Dallas, TX. After four years, another son, and many surgical cases later, Dr. Hutto and family set sail for a four-year assignment in beautiful and historic Okinawa, Japan. During this tour, Dr. Hutto was specially selected for a 5-month deployment on the USS Mercy, with medical humanitarian missions in the Philippines, Vietnam, East Timor, Papua New Guinea and Micronesia.
Dr. Hutto was honorably discharged after 10 years of distinguished military service and joined the private practice of three spectacular doctors at Spokane Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in Spokane, WA. While participation on a regional cleft lip/palate team as well as a fast-paced maxillofacial surgery trauma organization proved rewarding, the call of a solo practice brought Dr. Hutto back to California.
When not caring for patients, you’re most likely to find Dr. Hutto at one of his children’s baseball, softball or soccer events. He and Caroline enjoy sports, outdoor activities, traveling, learning, teaching, reading and rooting for the San Francisco Giants and 49ers.
- University of California, San Diego, BS Biochemistry and Cell Biology, 1995
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, DMD, 2001
- University of Pennsylvania School of Higher Education, MS.Ed, 2001
- U.S. Navy Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD), Camp Pendleton, 2002
- Baylor University Medical Center, Residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 2007
- General Dental Officer, U.S. Navy, Camp Pendleton, CA, 2001 – 2003
- Resident Surgeon, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 2003 – 2007
- Staff Surgeon, U.S. Navy, 3rd Dental Battalion, Okinawa, Japan, 2007 – 2008
- Staff Surgeon, USS Mercy hospital ship, Pacific Partnership humanitarian mission, 2008
- Dental/Oral Surgery Dept Head, U.S. Naval Hospital, Okinawa, Japan, 2008 – 2011
- Associate, Spokane Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Spokane, WA, 2011 – 2012
- Sole Practitioner, Modesto Oral Surgery, Modesto, CA 2013 – present
Diplomate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 2009
(Previous state dental licenses in Maryland, Washington and Idaho)
Instructor, Advance Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Instructor, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Instructor, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Instructor, Basic Life Support (BLS)
Advance Pediatric Life Support (APLS)
Disaster Management and Emergency Preparedness