Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough consultation reviewing your past medical history, completion of a clinical exam and the subsequent formation of different treatment options. Occasionally, if surgery is indicated, this may be performed on the same day as the consultation. However, to ensure our patient’s utmost safety and comfort as well as maintaining consistent scheduling, patient’s with non-definitive diagnoses, complex medical histories or further pre-operative preparation prior to treatment will require surgery to be completed on another day.
All efforts will be made to expedite appropriate treatment for patient’s presenting to our office with obvious infections, potential malignancies and moderate to severe pain symptoms.
Please assist our staff by providing the following information at the time of your initial consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any recent x-rays, if applicable
- An up-to-date and accurate medical history, including known allergies
- To speed up your appointment time all registration and health history can be filled out at home through our fillable form located on the home page of our website under “Patient Registration” prior to your appointment date.
- A complete list of the medications you are presently taking
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary policy information and forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at the consultation visit.
Even if surgery is possible at your first visit, a preoperative consultation and physical examination are mandatory for patients undergoing IV conscious sedation and general anesthesia before surgery.
Please have NOTHING to eat or drink for eight hours prior to your surgery and federal law requires you to have a responsible adult to drive you home.
Please notify any of our staff, prior to your initial consultation, if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, history of heart attacks/strokes, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medications (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken appropriate x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can usually be taken at our facility. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at 209-522-5238 at your earliest convenience.